Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20

Re: Medication question - March 5th 2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduck View Post
Invega is an atypical antipsychotic. I'm not sure about you but i get psychotic both when i'm depressed and when i'm manic which may be why they are choosing this medication. I also know that many antipsychotics can also be used to help treat bipolar disorder, such as the one i'm on right now.
Hey, I get psychotic when I'm depressed or manic too. I used to be on zyprexa at one point, and resperidone at another. I hated them so much because I gained so much weight and felt like a zombie. All my limbs felt like they were full of wet sand and I just felt more depressed on them than I was before so I stopped taking them. Then the doctor told my parents to make sure I was swallowing them every night which made me dislike them more but I still wasn't taking them.
Eventually the doctor decided to give up on antipsychotics with me, but now I have a new one and she wants to try them. From what she says it sounds like she thinks I either rapid cycle or am usually in a mixed episode. I think I'm usually mixed but once in awhile I get a little peak of mania or a little peak of depression but then go back to mixed or normal.

I'm a bit scared of antipsychotics still though, last time I was on them I was 17 and I just recently got over the TD it gave me. It even made it hard to talk, what kind of medication that's supposed to help you makes it hard to talk?

Member since 2005