(#10 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,869, Level: 26 Points: 34,869, Level: 26 Points: 34,869, Level: 26

Re: S*xual abuse - July 30th 2024, 10:06 PM

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eylah View Post
Hi there, how are you now? How are those Traumatic events now? Are they still as frequent? I know you’ve gone through something so traumatic, and I am so truly sorry to hear this. I wanted to ask, but it’s okay if you’re not comfortable answering, are you or have you had any support or any type of counselling since this has happened? I know from my own previous experience that, for me personally, I was offered counselling due to the nature of events, and it helped me understand that what had happened was not my fault. It made my flashbacks less frequent etc. I am sending you safe hugs!
Thank you so much. I was already in therapy and when that event in January happened while my therapist was on vacation for Christmas/New Years. Since the event I ended up going to an Intensive Outpatient Program, then I continued seeing the therapist I was seeing prior and they offered twice a week, although it was online only as I was habing difficulty finding in-person within my budget and eho is trained in trauma therapy. I had too many bad experiences to take my chances so I stuck eith this therapist who does only virtual until I got a trauma therapist in-person and I also attend a day mental health program. It is different than an IOP because it doesn't have a maximum of 6 weeks, I can attend as long as I have a need, goals and feel like I'm benefiting from it. I'm trying to balance my time there with tending to other aspects of my life. I come home from there and I feel like I need to sleep so I'm trying to manage my energy.

The work with my therapist is sometimes deeper childhood work and not so much about January. I think because it feels too fresh and I can't even discuss it openly yet.[/size]