(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,600, Level: 15 Points: 11,600, Level: 15 Points: 11,600, Level: 15

Re: My friend groped me - March 30th 2022, 06:30 AM

Hello Scout,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm so, so sorry that you had to go through this. My heart goes out to you.

What he did is VERY unsettling and downright WRONG. It the sort of thing that shatters every ounce of trust you had for this person. It's completely natural to feel violated; I would feel the same way if I were in your shoes.

First things first, you took the right call by deciding never to meet him again. I don't want to tell you what to do, but this is one way of going about it - I'm an advocate of being open and honest, so I don't think it is a bad idea to make it clear to him that you are immensely upset and hurt by what he did. Sometimes, people need to be taught a lesson. You could draft a concisely-worded message, sharp and to the point, without emoji's, and send it to him. After which, you could block him on all platforms (don't wait for his reply, or else you will have a back-and-forth conversation). Then you can make a clean break, while having closure that you spoke your mind about the incident.

During such a difficult time, I suggest seeking help. Even if you don't meet a professional, it would be good to get some load off your chest by speaking about this matter to a reliable person. This could be a good friend/colleague at work or a parent/family member.

Take care! And please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need advice again.

Best wishes,
Mallika

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.