View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

I went out with a friend's boyfriend behind her back (but she got me back good) - January 15th 2019, 12:40 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Almost a year ago, I went out with a friend's boyfriend behind her back. I know I shouldn't have. He told me he was planning on breaking up with her (can't believe I fell for that) and so I gave in to temptation.

It didn't take long for her to find out through a classmate who saw us out together. When she did, she and two of her friends cornered me in a restroom at school. She attacked me and I fought back in self-defense. She ended up getting the worst of it. I actually broke her nose, but I swear I didn't mean to! I had never been in a fight before and was just swinging wildly, not aiming for anything in particular.

No one else witnessed the fight. The three of them lied to the administration and said that I'd started the fight, that I'd swung at her. So, the principal called the cops and I was arrested.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was in court to learn my fate. I was found guilty as the three of them stuck to their story and all said I attacked her. I'd never been in trouble with the law before, so I thought I might get probation. Wrong. The judge has sentenced me to spend three months in juvenile detention.

The only reason I'm not there right now is because I have a job and some other responsibilities, so I've been given the week to put my notice in and get my affairs in order. At 6 p.m. on Friday, I have to report to the county juvenile detention center to begin serving my sentence.

Since the fight, I've obviously had a lot of time to think. And since court I've done even more thinking. I own the fact that I wouldn't be in this situation to begin with if I hadn't been such a shitty friend. I should never have gone out with her friend. She only attacked me because of what I'd done and it's understandable that she'd be upset, so I feel really bad about what I did to her nose. Basically, I feel like I'm getting my comeuppance here.

I've been thinking of writing my friend a letter from juvie, once I find the right words, to apologize for everything. I know our friendship is probably beyond repair at this point, but I feel I owe it to her nonetheless. I know a lot of people would probably say I'm crazy for wanting to do this. Am I? What do you think of all this?

PS: Like I said before, I've never been in trouble with the law before and never been to anyplace like juvenile detention before. I'm really nervous and trying not to freak out, I admit. If anyone has any experience with juvie and can give me any advice on how to cope, I'd really appreciate that too.[/size][/color][/font]