View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Anxiety making me ashamed of myself - April 18th 2018, 01:46 AM

Hey there,

Anxiety has a way of making us regret the past. It's hard to find the right tools but it might help if you could get into therapy. A therapist could probably help you 'reframe' the thoughts you are having that are making you anxious. Sometimes people with anxiety need more extensive help dealing with anxiety and things like individual and group therapy end up being beneficial.

I think that everyone does things that are out of character at time. I also think most people have regrets. However, when a person has anxiety those regrets intensify. I know that I have been struggling with anxiety and it's been increasing my regrets. Some of the things that help me is distracting myself by being on TH, blogging and watching youtube videos. I have also found that reminding myself that the things I am regretting are things everyone does periodically and that I am being overly hard on myself. I also have the ability to talk to my boyfriend about it and reassure myself through that.

Something that you could do is look at the
Alternatives and Coping Methods The alternatives might be a good way to distract yourself from the anxious thoughts.

Best regards.