Thread: Female Advice Preferred: Worrying about a late period.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Worrying about a late period. - January 4th 2016, 10:40 PM

Hey Sarah!

Firstly, I know it's way easier said than done, but try not to stress. Your period isn't even a week late yet so there is no cause for alarm just yet. Even if your periods are always regular, it's not always a guarantee, you know? Getting sick, stress, changes in diet, etc. can all have an effect on your period. Even if some of those factors didn't affect it before, that doesn't mean they aren't now. The earliest you can take a test is two weeks after having sex which I'm sure you know. You can certainly take another one now if it will help ease your mind, but personally I would wait a little longer since you did just take one. If it gets to be two weeks or more that you are late, then I would advise testing again. I'm glad you don't think it's very likely you're pregnant, so hold onto that. A few years ago I once went two months without a period and I'm still not really sure why. Sometimes our cycles just get out of whack. So for now, I'd try and just stay calm and try and wait a little longer. I definitely think it's likely stress, especially since this is stressing you out even more.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor