(#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 30,134, Level: 25 Points: 30,134, Level: 25 Points: 30,134, Level: 25

Re: How to find the right doctor? - November 10th 2015, 11:40 AM

Katie and Dez have given you all of the advice that I was thinking of.
I just want to add that in regards to your parents being involved, you can choose how involved they are. When I switched to a new doctor, I was able to check off what I wanted people knowing (ie. appointment cancelations, emergencies Etc.)
Also, they will call you directly in regards to your information and even if by some strange circumstance they accidentally called your parents, they would not be able to speak on your behalf because of your age. The likelihood in that happening though is slim considering it would only possibly happen if you gave them your parents contact information.
If you have a friend in the area you trust or another close relative, ask them if they would be willing to be your emergency contact.
It is better to navigate the website for your insurance company because calling usually goes no where quickly (for instance I was on hold the other day and told I could be called back in 55 minutes).
If navigating the website does not go well, maybe you could schedule a call back with them.
Hope this helps and that you get the support you need.
You are strong for realizing that you need help and being proactive by taking the necessary steps.
Keep us updated if you would like.