(#6 (permalink)) Old
Gingerbread Latte Offline
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: Alcohol and Depression - September 30th 2013, 02:45 PM

Thanks for all your replies guys.

I drink all sorts of alcohol on nights out since I like my cocktails but I'll try and keep an eye on what particular alcohol I'm drinking and see if I notice any patterns. I mainly drink spirits but I'm going out this Friday so I'll try switching to cider for the night and see if that makes a difference.

I pretty much never go out if I have to be up for university the next day and it never lasts more than a day so I'm kind of thankful that I know when to expect it now.

As for the new medication, I always read the leaflets and whilst it recommends avoiding alcohol it doesn't say there's any dangerous interactions with it or anything that would suggest that's what's causing this. I'm on Propanolol which is a beta-blocker and this is from the leaflet itself "It is recommended that you avoid drinking alcohol while you are taking propranolol, as it may increase some of its side-effects." I don't really have any side effects with the medicine and I haven't noticed any when drinking so I don't think it's too much of a problem (it's not like I drink frequently anyway).