View Single Post
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: Religion: What Were You Raised As? - April 2nd 2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea-Marie View Post
I was raised as a CEO - to quote Holly. My parents brought me up to only celebrate Christmas and Easter (Christmas, Easter Only - CEO). That way, I wasn't forced to believe what anyone else believed. My mum and her partner are both agnostic; but vear towards Christianity very strongly.

I now belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. I attend Church at least once a week, I practise family home evening, I read my scriptures and pray daily and I do all my studies and prayers both individually and together with Daniel as a couple who intend to be sealed in the temple next year.

Daniel has 3 children from his previous marriage. They stay with us 3/4 weekends; and so they come to church with us on a Sunday and 2 of them read their scriptures and pray throughout the week at their mother's house. His daughter, who goes to Church but only because she has to, isn't forced to do anything else and indeed wouldn't be made to go to Church if there was somewhere else for her to go for 3+ hours on a Sunday.
How can someone be agnostic yet be heavily influenced by christianity?