TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Antonio

Points: 677, Level: 4 Points: 677, Level: 4 Points: 677, Level: 4

Doctors said i will need a penis reduction - July 25th 2024, 08:09 PM

Not yet. But over time.

We got back to the doctors, my mom and I, because the test results came in.

I still havent start puberty yet and it is already 29 cm long with 24 cm girth. At age 11

They not only diagnosed me with the most extreme case of hyperspermia (as they say) but they said my penis (and probably my testicals too but at a slower rate) wont stop growing whatever we do.
(I cant take growthhormoneblockers, because my body is already too tiny even for my age and as i said, im not in puberty yet.)

So now we have to decide WHEN to have the first reduction (after that, it will keep on growing). At what age? At what size? It is a very hard decision, I dont know if im capable to make it.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 5,579, Level: 11 Points: 5,579, Level: 11 Points: 5,579, Level: 11

Re: Doctors said i will need a penis reduction - July 25th 2024, 08:25 PM

You must end your puberty or it will be worse.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 174,757, Level: 59 Points: 174,757, Level: 59 Points: 174,757, Level: 59

Re: Doctors said i will need a penis reduction - July 25th 2024, 08:42 PM

Surgery is definitely a big deal and not something that you want to rush into. I'm waiting for insurance approval on an elective hysterectomy but even that is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Definitely talk to your mom and doctor about the surgery to come up with a good game plan.

One thing to consider is your quality of life. Is your quality of life being reduced by your current issue? How much is your penis size impacting your life right now? If you're okay with how things are it might be fine to give it a little more time to see what happens. But if it's impacting your life too much you may want to consider getting it sooner. Also consider asking your doctor questions about what recovery from the surgery looks like. Will you have any restrictions while you recover such as lifting, exercise, or diet? When can you go back to school? If you were to get it done today, about how long will it be until you need to repeat the procedure?

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Doctors said i will need a penis reduction - July 25th 2024, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennui. View Post
Surgery is definitely a big deal and not something that you want to rush into. I'm waiting for insurance approval on an elective hysterectomy but even that is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Definitely talk to your mom and doctor about the surgery to come up with a good game plan.

One thing to consider is your quality of life. Is your quality of life being reduced by your current issue? How much is your penis size impacting your life right now? If you're okay with how things are it might be fine to give it a little more time to see what happens. But if it's impacting your life too much you may want to consider getting it sooner. Also consider asking your doctor questions about what recovery from the surgery looks like. Will you have any restrictions while you recover such as lifting, exercise, or diet? When can you go back to school? If you were to get it done today, about how long will it be until you need to repeat the procedure?
They say i cant have a reduction yet. Which is fine, im okay with my size now. I have to wait until im 12 or even 13 maybe. It will turn out when we get there. And of course my mom and i will make the decision together.

They say i have to have like 2 or 3 or maybe even 5 reductions during my puberty. if i want of course but they say i will definetly want them by then because it will get so big.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Enigmatic. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 3,139, Level: 8 Points: 3,139, Level: 8 Points: 3,139, Level: 8

Re: Doctors said i will need a penis reduction - July 26th 2024, 12:02 AM

Aren't penis reductions risky? How about puberty blockers?

Last edited by Ennui.; July 26th 2024 at 12:04 AM. Reason: I removed the message you had responded to.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Doctors said i will need a penis reduction - July 26th 2024, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic. View Post
Aren't penis reductions risky? How about puberty blockers?

Puberty blockers are not an option. (First of all, because im not in puberty yet.)

They explained it long why noty i dont understand everything they said and the meaning of every word, but this is the situation in a nutshell.

I hope the reductions wont be very risky