TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Adult Survivors This forum is for you to share your stories on how life has changed, how you coped with issues in your life and inspirational stories for others.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Michaela

Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14

Still struggle sometimes - July 29th 2024, 04:48 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've labelled this as triggering as there is mention of abuse further down.

I joined Teenhelp when I was at least 14 and I am now 34, sometimes life can still get hard but now I have 2 adorable children I would do anything for and a very special partner. He was the only ex I gave a second chance too after 9 year. He is the father of both my children and what we have is special. I still have problems with my family and my mother and father split up a few weeks ago after I found out my mother and my brother was abusing him. Its been going on for 20 year and I didn't have a clue. My brother moved out, but my mother and father still live in the same place as she refuses to leave and not much he can due to her being on the tenancy.

I am a survivor and I will always fight, I can't believe how far I have come. I've had 2 accounts since my first one as I lost access to the original and the one before this one. all the stuff I endured has only made me stronger. Its mainly my mother I have problems with now. Is it still okay to post in the forums if I ever need help? I am almost 35 but every now and again I will need to post and be able to confide in you guys like I did all them years back.

Love you guys so much and I've missed you!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 175,009, Level: 59 Points: 175,009, Level: 59 Points: 175,009, Level: 59

Re: Still struggle sometimes - July 29th 2024, 08:14 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you have this going on!

Depending on how old your parents are there might be options. In the US there's something called Senior Protection Services which investigates cases where seniors are being harmed. If your country has something similar maybe you can give them a call and see if they can help you and your father find options and talk about where to go from here.

It's definitely okay to post about your mother, or anything else (as long as it's within the rules)! It's completely okay for you to receive support here.

Glad to see you back!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive