TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WhisperingSilence Offline
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 73,608, Level: 38 Points: 73,608, Level: 38 Points: 73,608, Level: 38

Sanitary towel rash - September 28th 2024, 02:10 AM

Okay so the past few times I’ve had my period.. after using the sanitary towels… I’ve like had a rash on the lower area of my buttocks and my fanny. I have pcos and do have quite heavy periods but am on transexamic acid and metformin for the pcos. I’m not entirely sure what’s causing it. I have a feeling it might be the sanitary towel brand I’m using that causes the rash . But when I spoke to my mum about it today she suggested it might be a hormonal imbalance causing it - which does make sense in someways as people who have pcos often have higher testosterone levels than those without pcos. However my mum also suggested it might be threadworms/pinworms but that doesn’t quite make sense as I only have this problem when I like get my monthly .
I’m using a cream called vagisil and sudocrem both seem to help and the rash goes within usually a few days however this time the rash is still there and it’s been a week since my monthly finished.. the rash isn’t as bad as it was and it is definitely going down. My mum has like suggested I see a dr but I don’t really want to do that and feel very embarrassed.. I’m overweight and am self concious so seeing is a dr about this is a big eeeek

'There will be bad days, there will be good days, there will be really bad days, and really good days, and days that are not bad or good but just simply suck, but either way you got through it and you are here today and that is all that really matters''
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 175,005, Level: 59 Points: 175,005, Level: 59 Points: 175,005, Level: 59

Re: Sanitary towel rash - September 28th 2024, 07:32 PM

I used to get rashes and I found that I had to change my pad more often than other people might need to. They also have products out like reusable pads and period undies that may help a little. I've never used period undies for blood but I have issues with peeing myself sometimes and it does absorb the urine. Of course you can't wear them all day without changing but it can help to give your body a break from the material of regular pads. Look at the description of the pair you're getting before purchasing because some are rated to hold more blood than others.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
WhisperingSilence Offline
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 73,608, Level: 38 Points: 73,608, Level: 38 Points: 73,608, Level: 38

Re: Sanitary towel rash - October 2nd 2024, 10:49 PM

I'm going to try that next time, I spoke to my mum about this and she suggested it maybe pinworms/threadworms causing the issue, given I worked in a holiday club over the summer etc, so I've since as of today been to a pharmacy and bought some medication , I've now since taken said medication so we will see, I also tried using some haemorrhoid cream which did seem to help but the rash has remained. which is what made me think (on top of my mums thought ) that it may be pinworms as the itching has been worst at night. so we will see what happens. if it still doesn't clear up I will have to see a dr.

'There will be bad days, there will be good days, there will be really bad days, and really good days, and days that are not bad or good but just simply suck, but either way you got through it and you are here today and that is all that really matters''